Network Access Control

View Only
  • 1.  Norton 360 thinks Spotify.exe is a trojan horse

Posted Jan 28, 2010 04:23 AM

Hi

I started up Spotify this morning, and immediately got a message saying Norton 360 (2009) had detected a trojan horse, and that i should remove it, so i did.

Once this was finished, i realised it had actually removed Spotify.  Now I can't complete a download of a new version of spotify.exe, because Norton thinks it's a trojan horse again.

How do I tell Norton 360 to ignore spotify.exe as a threat, both during download, and when i start it up in future?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Norton 360 thinks Spotify.exe is a trojan horse

Posted Jan 28, 2010 06:30 AM
    I just got off a support call with Symantec.  What you need to do is to exclude spotify.exe from the scan.

Run Norton 360.  On the top bar (in blue) choose settings.
    In there, choose anti virus.
    Choose the middle tab, Scans and Risks
    Second from bottom, Scan Exclusions, Click cConfigure on the right hand side
    In both panels, include C:\Progrram Files (x386)\Spotify    (just Program Files before Windows 7)
     be sure to tick the option to include sub directories.

Then back to settings, choose Firewall, go down to spotify.exe and change the option to "allow"
    (If it is not there, add it)

If spotify.exe is not in c:\Program Files (x386)\Spotify then either restore it from a back up or re install.

My spotify is working fine.  I am sure Norton will get this fixed "properly" pretty soon.  I can't imagine that Spotify are too thrilled about the situation!

Good Luck.

• 3.  RE: Norton 360 thinks Spotify.exe is a trojan horse
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 28, 2010 10:54 AM
     In the new Definition it has been fixed. So update your virus definition.