Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 7.61 Removal Tool

Created: 18 Oct 2010 | 7 comments

I am told that I need a special Symantec removal tool in order to completely remove Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 7.61.  Where can this tool be accessed?  My operating system is Windows XP.

Thanks.

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

Vikram Kumar-SAV to SEP's picture

here is the tool

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN&ln=en_US

Vikram Kumar

Symantec Consultant

The most helpful part of entire Symantec connect is the Search button..do use it.

Alyxyn's picture

that tool at

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN&ln=en_US

is actually one to remove the consumer version and not the corporate version NAV 7.X.  Merely running the Add/Remove Programs for Norton AntiVirus 7.61 should work just fine.  If you are having issues with it, I recommend calling in and acquiring assistance from Technical Support directly.

mrmatson@bellsouth.net's picture

Thanks.  This is how I removed NAV 7.61 before I installed NAV 2010.  As far as I can tell, NAV 7.61 is removed from my computer.  Since I installed NAV 2010 I'm having problems with an unusual amount of spyware and security threats not being stopped and am having to run full system scans to deal with the security threats in order to maintain acceptable computer speed.  The Norton consumer forums advised me that all traces of NAV 7.61 may not be removed and to go to the Symantec business forums to get a special removal tool for NAV Corporate 7.61.  Is there a removal tool other than Windows Install/Uninstall Programs that I should run to ensure that all traces of NAV 7.61 are removed?

Thanks again.

Thomas K's picture

If running the Add/Remove programs fails to do the trick, you may need the Cleanwipe tool to completely remove SAV. The only way to get that tool is to open a case with support.

Thomas

mrmatson@bellsouth.net's picture

How can I tell if any traces of NAV 7.61 remain on my computer?  I used Add/Remove programs to uninstall NAV 7.61 and thought the uninstall was successful.

Thanks.

Vikram Kumar-SAV to SEP's picture

Using the link i have posted above you can remove traces of norton..since you have already installed norton 2010 it means all traces are removed.

If you are facing issues with spyware it has nothing to do with norton 7.61 not being removed completely. Its just that there are many threats in your machines..just update virus definition and run full scan.

And this is not a Norton Forum so here you might not find Norton Experts so I would suggest you to post your issue on the Norton Forum itself and also make sure you mention its issue with too many malwares and nothing to do with norton 7.61 not bei ng completely removed.

Vikram Kumar

Symantec Consultant

The most helpful part of entire Symantec connect is the Search button..do use it.

Thomas K's picture

Make sure your system is free from threats.

If you are running Windows XP, it is recommended that you temporarily turn off System Restore. Windows XP uses this feature, which is enabled by default, to restore the files on your computer in case they become damaged. If a virus, worm, or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm, or Trojan on the computer.

Also, a virus scan might detect a threat in the System Restore folder even though you have removed the threat.

After you have the latest definitions, boot into safe mode and running a Disk Cleanup (right-click the C drive, Properties, Disk Cleanup) - that will delete all the files that are in these temporary locations, as well as IE's temporary files, etc. Perform a full system scan in safe mode.