Symanec Protection Suites

View Only
  • 1.  Norton Internet Security 2010 - ccsvchost process

Posted Aug 07, 2010 04:01 PM

Hey! I bought Norton Internet Security 2010 for my Desktop PC and my Laptop (it has 3 licenses) a few months ago! I installed on my desktop PC about a month ago and everything worked perfect up till today! While I was working I noticed a very slow speed on my computer, I run taskmanager and saw a process called ccsvchost.exe taking up 90% of my CPU! I run Microsoft process viewer and found out that this process belongs to Symantec! I opened my NIS 2010 panel and on the left, where it says CPU usage, it indeed said 90% CPU usage and it was all taken up by NIS!

I read on the web that it may be a deadlock between symantec update and microsoft windows update but since I have windows updates turned of possibly this is not the case with me!

What's the possible cause of that?! As I saw on the web there are a lot of people facing the same problem! Also what can be done to stop this from happening?! I would appreciate it if a Symantec employee answered my question meaningfuly so as to solve my problem because it's getting in the way of my work!

Thank you a lot in advance!

Note that I'm using a Microsoft Windows XP SP3 machine with 2GB of RAM and 750GB (250GB + 500GB) of disk space! My CPU is an AMD Athlon 3500+ 64bit at 2.21GHz!

• 2.  RE: Norton Internet Security 2010 - ccsvchost process

Posted Aug 09, 2010 09:25 AM
    Its better for you to contact Norton Department at 1-800-695-0678 for further assistance. This forum site is for Enterprise product.

• 3.  RE: Norton Internet Security 2010 - ccsvchost process

Posted Aug 09, 2010 09:29 AM

• 4.  RE: Norton Internet Security 2010 - ccsvchost process

Posted Aug 10, 2010 07:20 AM
    I had the same problem and the forum helped
    thanks