Not Able - Full Backup Using vSphere Agent BK2010 R3
For unknown reasons one particular VM will no longer do a weekly full backup (*.vmdk files) using the vSphere agent addon in Backup Exec 2010 R3.
Information About The VM:
- Windows 2008 x64
- Using Backup Exec agent (backup system state)
- Using vSphere agent to backup the entire VM (easier restore)
- An attempt to take a snapshot of a VM failed because it was unable to quiesce an application.
- Final error: 0xe000959A
Troubleshooting Steps I've Taken:
- Rebooted the VM
- Uninstalled VMware Tools & reinstalled
- Uninstalled VMware Tools & reinstalled but didn't install the VSS capability
- Deleted the selection list & backup job; then recreated them.
- Verified admin credentials for the backup/selection job (correct).
I'm kinda at my wits end troubleshooting this. Additional troubleshooting tips/suggestion great appreciated.