Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Not able to login to SEPM console,veersion of SEPM is 12.1.6 and all the SEPm services running

Posted May 27, 2016 08:02 AM

Hi,

Not able to login to SEPM console,version of SEPM is 12.1.6 and all the SEPm services  are up...

Getting error"he Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager database has gone down and needs immediate attention"

SQL and SEPm are in diffrent systems.I am trying to reconnect the DB using wizard

"The certificate on disk does not match the certificate in the database. Do you want to use the certificate on disk to replace it? Click yes to use the certificate on disk. Click no to return to the welcome screen and select a recovery file."

what to do here,please give me solution?

• 2.  RE: Not able to login to SEPM console,veersion of SEPM is 12.1.6 and all the SEPm services running

Posted May 27, 2016 08:06 AM

See here:

The certificate on disk does not match the certificate in the database

But what changed? Was this working prior?

Same thread here from you?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/not-able-login-sepm-console-0

• 3.  RE: Not able to login to SEPM console,veersion of SEPM is 12.1.6 and all the SEPm services running

Posted May 27, 2016 08:12 AM

No It is asking

I am reconnecting the DB using "management server configuration wizard"--now fianlly it is asking

"The certificate on disk does not match the certificate in the database. Do you want to use the certificate on disk to replace it? Click yes to use the certificate on disk. Click no to return to the welcome screen and select a recovery file."

yes or No-----which one select here

• 4.  RE: Not able to login to SEPM console,veersion of SEPM is 12.1.6 and all the SEPm services running

Posted May 27, 2016 08:17 AM

I'd use the recovery file from your backup. Again, what changed and why did the DB become unaccessible?

• 5.  RE: Not able to login to SEPM console,veersion of SEPM is 12.1.6 and all the SEPm services running

Posted May 27, 2016 09:50 AM

This sounds as if the SEPM has been reinstalled, and that what is now in the SEPM's config doesn't match the details in the DB.

As Brian says, you'd need the Server Private Key Backup folder's contents from the original install to be able to accurately perform the DR (which is exactly what you're doing here).

Just in case, please also review the DR steps in the article below:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH218407

NOTE: Do not change the certificate if you can avoid it.  If you do choose to change the certiicate, then you'll have to replace the communications files on your SEP clients.