Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  October 2009 Patches

Posted Oct 14, 2009 08:39 AM
    Hello All,

I have received the Altiris Service Center email this morning informing me that the latest patches have been added to the PMImport.cab file. I have download the PMImport.cab file manually using the Start Download Task under the Microsoft Patch Managemet Import section in NS. I had the "only download if modified" check box unticked as nothing was downloading when ticked. I cant however see any new patches in the Manage Software Updates section of NS. Under the Patch Management Import History section for the PMImport.cab download the version number is 6.2.1261.1 for the download I just perfored. This however is the same version number as the past few days scheduled downloads.

I have recently setup the NS server and this is the first Patch Tuesday this server has seen. All previous patches have been download.

Has anyone got the latest patches available to them or has the PMImport.cab not actually been updated?

Thanks,

Ben

• 2.  RE: October 2009 Patches

Posted Oct 14, 2009 08:53 AM
    You'll have to wait a good 24-48hrs for the Patch Tuesdays to be included.  Afterwards you'll be able stage and deploy as usual.

• 3.  RE: October 2009 Patches

Posted Oct 14, 2009 09:56 AM
    If you subscribe to this article Altiris KB21897 - Version 6 PMimport version and release dates or Altiris KB46252 - Version 7 release dates, it is another way of being notified. Neither of those articles list the October patches yet, although I'm sure they will be along shortly.

• 4.  RE: October 2009 Patches

Posted Oct 14, 2009 03:45 PM
    The PMImport CAB file with October's updates should be available now - version x.x.1262.

• 5.  RE: October 2009 Patches

Posted Oct 14, 2009 04:04 PM
    Thanks Andrew - downloading them now.

• 6.  RE: October 2009 Patches

Posted Oct 14, 2009 04:09 PM
    October's patches available: PMImport 6.2.1261.x (October 2009 2nd Week)

• 7.  RE: October 2009 Patches

Posted Oct 15, 2009 04:09 PM
    I had to uncheck my box "only download if modified" to get the latest pmi. It took an whole hour in a half and then I got a failed message but the updates where listed under software bulletins but the count was way off (100 or so patches).
    So I am downloading once again hoping it will fix this issue.

Plus I see no adobe bulletin? I was told that this two was sent out within 24 to 48 hours. Adobe reader and acrobat 9.2 fixes vulnerabilities.
    When am I going to get 9.2 it came out this tuesday?