Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Office 2007 SP2 seems extremely slow to install with SEP installed

Posted Sep 03, 2009 11:13 AM
    Hello

I am noticing that Office 2007 SP2 seems extremely slow to install on Windows XP (latest SP) clients. It seems to take over one hour to install, all other file operations seem to be OK.

Could anyone give me some troubleshooting steps to take?

The clients are running MR4 MP2.

Many thanks.

• 2.  RE: Office 2007 SP2 seems extremely slow to install with SEP installed

Posted Sep 03, 2009 11:53 AM
    What OS are you running?   I have insall Office 2007 wiih sp2 inline in half that time on XP,  Vista, and Windows 7.  Could there be something else causing the slow down?  Did you try disabling SEP and installing?     I'd also look  at hard drive fragementation and things like that SP2 is a little large but not too bad.  Also how much memory do the systems have?

• 3.  RE: Office 2007 SP2 seems extremely slow to install with SEP installed

Posted Sep 03, 2009 11:59 AM
    There is no known issue as such . I would request you uninstall SEP and then Try  to install it  again. ( Disabling SEP will only Disable the NTP ) and then try to install it again

If it works well then Install SEP and Run PROCMON and then Install office 2007 sp2, this will give an idea about the process being called

• 4.  RE: Office 2007 SP2 seems extremely slow to install with SEP installed

Posted Sep 03, 2009 01:34 PM
    Hi

I have seen this happen on a few machines(could be on all PCs)....  is it possible I have my AV policy setup incorrectly?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Office 2007 SP2 seems extremely slow to install with SEP installed

Posted Sep 03, 2009 02:17 PM
    i don't think that AV policy could be the reason for this

• 6.  RE: Office 2007 SP2 seems extremely slow to install with SEP installed

Posted Sep 04, 2009 03:41 AM
    Good morning,

I`ve seen that issue on all of my clients´ XP SP3 machines (fully patched), too, during a local slipstreamed installation of office 2007 sbs with sp2 from CD. My first thought was that this issue was associated to my slipstream cd, but now I read that post!

We have SEP MR4 MP2 installed in that infrastructure and I disabeld Auto-Protect and Tamper Protection during installation.

There was no high CPU or Memory Usage during the process, but I realized that it takes fewer time (3/4 h) on the slowest and oldest workstion than on the newest, fastest one (3,5h).

regards,

Rolf