Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Office 2010 file corruption and latest Netshare

Posted Aug 13, 2011 11:17 PM

Hi,

I see in the release notes that Netshare will not work with Office 2010 Sharepoint 2010 - " If you use Office 2010 with Sharepoint 2010, any files that were protected by PGP NetShare could lose their protection if the file is opened/edited/saved after being encrypted. [30828]" - but this does not talk about file corruption.

Have the issues with PGP corrupting Office 2010 files been fixed in this 10.2 release? This is a very frustrating problem and if there are any ideas/updates on fixing these, it woudl be appreciated. I am still on 10.1.1.

• 2.  RE: Office 2010 file corruption and latest Netshare

Posted Aug 23, 2011 07:08 PM

I am asking development as it doesn't appear that any activity has been happening for a while. The reason the bug is there is that Sharepointe 2010 uses SOAP protocol to communicate and that is currently what PGP Desktop uses to communciate with the PGP Universal Server as well.  I believe there was a workaround that microsoft had out there on how to enable the webdav protocol for sharepoint instead. But microsoft recalled that KB apparently...

• 3.  RE: Office 2010 file corruption and latest Netshare

Posted Aug 23, 2011 10:33 PM

Thanks. So even if this is a standalone install (no PGP Server involved), this can still be the cause?

• 4.  RE: Office 2010 file corruption and latest Netshare

Posted Aug 26, 2011 02:16 PM

The bug states that the issue has to do with file protections on the netshare encrypted files (such as who should have access to it, etc.) can get messed up when using office 2010 on sharepointe 2010 with PGP Netshare.

I don't see anything in the bug about CORRUPTION of office documents. Is that what you are stating is happening?

• 5.  RE: Office 2010 file corruption and latest Netshare

Posted Aug 26, 2011 02:26 PM

No. Thsi issues has always for me been about Office 2010 fiels getting corrupted and sometimes non-recoverable. I keep gettign told that Office 2010 is not certified or supported - that is probably the cause.