Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

office updates install failed during sequencing office 2010 by Symantec Workspace Virtualization Admin

Created: 25 Aug 2014 | 2 comments

I used Symantec Workspace Virtualization Admin and Workspace composer created one package(.xpf) of Office 2010 with all available office updates. recently some new updates are published and I have to included these updates to the  package(.xpf). 

I import the package(.xpf) to Symantec Workspace Virtualization Admin, and right click on the layer choose "Add to layer", the update is selected to be installed.

During insatllation, it gives below error. it is in Japanese. it means Could not create the folder "c:\dosuments and settings\username\application data\microsoft\MSDN". Please makesure the the path is exist in your computer and you have permission to modify the folder.

Many updates give below error.

The error only displayed during virtualization. If I install the package(.xpf), and install these updates, no such error. the error should be related to the symantec virtualization.

Any guys has suggestion or solution on this issue?  Thanks!

error (2).jpg

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

EdT's picture

Please indicate exact version of Symantec products you are using.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

Tammy_Huang's picture

Symantec Workspace Virtualization Admin - 7.5.749

Symantec Virtual Composer - 7.5.0.749_41077