Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

OId Proactive Threat Protecton definitions on 12.1.4, current on 11.0.6

Created: 02 Mar 2014 • Updated: 02 Mar 2014 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I am wondering if this is normal, or if my updates are lagging behind for some reason.  I reviewed http://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions.jsp and do not see 12.1.4, though I assume the definitions would be similar to 12.1.3.  If this is normal, why are the Behavior Based Protection definitions for 11.x current as of 2/28/14 but for 12.1.3 the latest version is from 1/21/14?  Please see screenshots for reference:

sepm_sep_11.0.6a.png

sepm_sep_12.1.4.png

Updates.png

Thank you.

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

PTP in 11.x is called TruScan and PTP in 12.1 is called SONAR so the technologies are different and they use different content.

I see the same thing as you do in regards to the def dates being where they're at so I can confirm what you're seeing is correct as well as what's on Symantec's site.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SOLUTION
sympull's picture

Alright.  So because the technologies are different, the dates on the definitions will be different, correct?  I just wanted to confirm that our definitions are up to date across the board.

.Brian's picture

That's correct. It will be different between 11.x and 12.1. The site is correct as well. I've also confirmed with my 11.x and 12.1 clients that the dates are at what is shown on the site.

You should have nothing to worry about :)

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.