Video Screencast Help

One Client Showing Out of Date

Created: 06 Nov 2012 | 10 comments

I upgraded to SEP 12.1 MP1 not long ago and everything seems fine except there is one client that is now showing out of date in SEPM. When I go to and look at the workstation itself it seems up to date. I ran live update manually just to make sure and it shows it updates. I have also tried the repair option with no luck. I went as far as to uninstall SEP from the workstation and remove from SEPM list and then reinstall, but it still shows everything out of date on SEPM. This certain workstation i am having problems with I did have to unplug and shutdown for about a month, I did do the upgrade during this time so at first this pc had not been updated to the newest version. I replugged and connected it to the network and it automatically started installing the latest version because the pc is in a group that has the install package already. I did have some issues at first but after restarting SEP shows online and connected to SEPM and it took a few days to show out of date. This PC is set up like the others with Win xp sp3. I am not sure how to correct this since I have tried everything I can think of.

Please look at the attached doc and let me know how I may fix this.

Thanks!

 

Comments 10 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

Can you determine if it has maintained a constant connection to the SEPM? Does it lose connection?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

valley_girl1919's picture

 I have checked it several times and every time it states it is connected.

.Brian's picture

And this client has a LiveUpdate policy assigned to it in the SEPM?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

valley_girl1919's picture

 Yes it does have the same live update policy as the other clients in the group

.Brian's picture

Would seem to be a bug in the SEPM reporting, especially since the client is up to date.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

valley_girl1919's picture

 Yea that's what I'm thinking. I looked at the article someone posted below, but doesn't to be the same issue. How does one go about fixing an issue with the SEPM reporting?

 Thanks!

.Brian's picture

You wait for the next release which was due out today but seems to have been put on hold. I would expect it any day now.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

Refer this article.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/why...

 

Chetan Savade
Technical Support Engineer, Endpoint Security
Enterprise Technical Support
CCNA | CCNP | MCSE | SCTS |

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

Rafeeq's picture

Delete the client from SEPM

do a update policy on the client. should come up with new def. info