Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Open file security warning when i'm executing Office 2007 SP2 along with hotfix

Posted Dec 01, 2009 08:56 AM
    Hi everybody,
    i'm trying to install Office 2007 Service Pack 2 along with a hotfix. I wrote a custom action [vbscript], which will install the hotfix in silent mode. But when i execute the package, i'm getting across this Open File security warning message. How to get rid of this?

Thanks in advance.
    - Ramana

• 2.  RE: Open file security warning when i'm executing Office 2007 SP2 along with hotfix

Posted Dec 01, 2009 03:38 PM
    The other way to beat this is to strip off the additional file stream (the "Zone.Identifier") on the file.  One way that should work is to copy the file to a non-NTFS drive (FAT32), and/or copying to a network share may also remove that file stream that AES is checking.  Then when you push it out that file stream will be gone and the warning won't pop up.

• 3.  RE: Open file security warning when i'm executing Office 2007 SP2 along with hotfix
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 02, 2009 06:18 AM
    If you are trying to install an update OR hotfix using VBScript then there is a Microsoft article about this warning message. Follow the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889815

• 4.  RE: Open file security warning when i'm executing Office 2007 SP2 along with hotfix

Posted Dec 02, 2009 06:23 AM
    This is why I would love to "HATE" Microsoft.

Ramana,
    Did you try as Kyle suggested ? Let us know if any of the workarounds resolve your issue.

• 5.  RE: Open file security warning when i'm executing Office 2007 SP2 along with hotfix

Posted Dec 02, 2009 09:03 AM
    I tried as it was mentioned in the Microsoft KB article. Copied piece of code inside my vbscript custom action and it seems to be working. However i will give it a try as Kyle suggested and let you know. thank you for your suggestions.
    - Ramana

• 6.  RE: Open file security warning when i'm executing Office 2007 SP2 along with hotfix

Posted Dec 03, 2009 10:57 AM
    Personally I like stripping the file stream off, then you don't have to remember to do anything special in your package/custom action.  Whatever works for you though!