OpsCenter - How far it can retain backup History
I want to configure OpsCenter for NetBackup 7.1 environment and have few basic questions. Your answers will help me making my decision. Thanks in advance.
1. How far OpsCenter database can retain backup History? Suppose I want to check if backup happened for servers 3 years back can I go that far (ofcourse I don't to restore it just want to check)
2. Does OpsCenter support reporting Vault, Duplication, Archive job types??
3. When the collector fetches the data from Netbackup Master server does it significantly affect the performance, particularly in a large environment??
4. What are the common issue faced before configuring the OpsCenter??
1. From my understanding
1. From my understanding OpsCenter will not collect data from the past. It will only gather data that is currently in NetBackup and any data moving forward. It will store up to 60 days. OpsCenter Analytics can store indefinitely. Here is an article on retention.
2. Ops Center collects data for Backup Exec, PureDisk, Enterprise Vault, TSM, and Legato Networker.
3. I have been running OpsCenter Analytics for a few months now and have not noticed any significant performance impact, but exact numbers I am not aware of.
4. As far as common issues there are many posts in the forums about issues. I think it would be best for you to just browse the forums and look at the ones you see often.
I would encourage you to read over the guide for any other questions you may have.