Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  OptiPlex 9020 - two 4 TB drives in RAID 1

Posted Oct 07, 2014 07:51 PM

I have an OptiPlex 9020 with two 4 TB hard drives in RAID 1, and I'd like to image it (Win7x64) with ghost64 seeing the hard drive as a single 3.6 TB volume...not as two 1.8 TB volumes due to a 2 TB limit.

If I boot the PC from the Win7x64 install disk, it shows two volumes...but if I load the SATA RAID drivers, it properly shows a single volume, which is how I want it. Sure, I could install Win7x64 from scratch this way, but the thing is that I'd like to _image_ multiple 9020s with this same setup.

I have already set the BIOS to UEFI boot.

I have obtained Boot Disk Creator 12.0.0.6277, and I have been able to create a ghost64 bootable CD running Windows 8 based PE. I can boot the PC in UEFI from this CD and drvload the Ethernet drivers, but it doesn't have the SATA RAID drivers, so it shows two 1.8 TB volumes.

The big question: how do I get the SATA RAID drivers onto the WinPE/Ghost64 boot disk?

I am currently using GSS 2.5. My department just approved the purchase of DS 6.9, and I'll have that ready to install once the purchase order makes it through our purchasing department. Will DS 6.9 be able to handle this more smoothly? Am I wasting my time on this given my upcoming DS 6.9?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: OptiPlex 9020 - two 4 TB drives in RAID 1

Posted Oct 08, 2014 07:16 AM

Your version of Ghost does not support UEFI bioses. There is an upgrade to newer Ghost binaries which provide UEFI support, which would be free if you have a current maintenance agreement for Ghost. if not, I suggest you read this thread: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/when-will-come-new-version-ghost-gss-30  especially the last 50 entries or so.

• 3.  RE: OptiPlex 9020 - two 4 TB drives in RAID 1

Posted Oct 13, 2014 04:31 PM

More info is about the new ghost boot wizard also in the following link. 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH223404