Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.3 and BackupExec 2010 Agent

Created: 30 Oct 2012 • Updated: 05 Nov 2012 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello together,

I am new in this forum and i want to give some information about me.

My name is Tobias Hertkorn and in principal I am an Oracle DBA. Me and my company support customer regarding all Oracle Database tasks.

Now a customer of us use BackupExec 2010 as backup tool.

We installed for this customer a Oracle Cluster 11gR2 on an Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.3. Now our customer wants to install a BackupExec 2010 agent on this two servers to backup the complete server for getting a fast possibility to recover those servers in a disaster issue.

I read in the specs, that the usage of BackupExec 2010 agent is not supported by symantec.

Is this correct? Or does anybody has experience with that or better a solution of my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tobias

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

RahulG's picture

As per the compatibility guide it is not supported , so only option left is to perform backup with oracle using rman and then backup the backup sets using Backup  exec, Or the other option is find a compatible product.

SOLUTION