Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

an other error from backup exec 2012 vray

Created: 30 May 2014 • Updated: 31 Aug 2014 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi again,

I have got an other error from backup exec 2012 vray.

The error is the following:

The job failed with the following error: An attempt to take a snapshot of a virtual machine failed because it was unable to quiesce an application.

This a vmware 3.5 and is paid. On the host there are 3 vm, one is the domain controller and there was a out of service from domain controller with some minutes of offline.

The storage is an IBM DS3400.

Please disable "I need a solution" on the forum, it's *obvious* I need a solution.

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

CraigV's picture

Hi,

VMware 3.5 is not listed as being supported on the BE 2012 SCL. Only VMware 4.0 and up is...only way around this might be to get onto a newer version of VMware.

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

bellissimopython's picture

I have the new license of vmware 5, but before upgrade I want make a backup.

lmosla's picture

Hello,

Vmware 3.5 is listed as supported for Backup Exec 2010. You could install  Backup Exec 2010 on another server.

bellissimopython's picture

I have an IBM bladecenter with 6 blades, one of them is windows 2003 with backup exec 2012. This blade is connected to the library, so I can't buy an other blade to connect to the library just to make the backup.

Can I install both 2010 and 2012 on the same blade ?

how about the licenses ? I have 12 license for 6 servers dual cpu quad core each.

Can I take the 4 licenses from the 12 to make the backup of 2 blade vmware 3.5 ?

thank you ?

pkh's picture

You cannot have 2 versions of BE on the same server.

SOLUTION