Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  outbound message for specific external user get 554 transaction failed spam message not queued

Posted Mar 22, 2011 09:58 AM
      |   view attached
    i have brigthmail appliance version 9.01 have 2 network card one for inbound and other or outbound when try to send message from internal network to external specai to specific user the mesaage give in log ths 554 transaction failed spam message not queued" what is error mean ? i attach the log in this froum " the rule Spam For nbound and outbound is delete the rule suspected spam for nbound and outbound Quraintine ana help

• 2.  RE: outbound message for specific external user get 554 transaction failed spam message not queued

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2011 09:51 PM

Your IP probably has a bad reputation. They have most likely subscribed to a list of IPs and yours is in it. This is their server giving this message, not the Brightmail Gateway.

• 3.  RE: outbound message for specific external user get 554 transaction failed spam message not queued

Posted Mar 23, 2011 03:32 AM
    no i check my real ip that i use to sen mail on all site like CBL and symantec reputation and give me good Reputation... and this Error ocurred when may internal uers"X@MYdomain.com" send to Specifc External user"Y@Externaldomain.com"... every time i try to send to ."Y@Externaldomain.com" this message occure ""554 transaction failed spam message not queued"" the direcation for mail is outbound

• 4.  RE: outbound message for specific external user get 554 transaction failed spam message not queued

Posted Mar 23, 2011 09:37 AM

Check if it's SBG or Externaldomain:

Look up the hostname of one ExternalDomain.com's MX records.

Login to the command line interface for your edge scanner.

Use telnet to simulate a mail connection to ExternalDomain.com

telnet mx_hostname.externaldomain.com 25

helo yourdomain.com

you should get a greeting

mail from: <you@yourdomain.com>

you should get an OK

rcpt to: <y@Externaldomain.com>

you should get an OK response

quit

If you get an error after any of these commands like the 554 transaction failed spam message not queued, then it's your IP that has a bad reputation.

You should then contact them via other means to work out the issue.