Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Outdated Version Of SAV 10.1.8.8000 Virus Def File Displays On Unmanaged Clients

• 1.  Outdated Version Of SAV 10.1.8.8000 Virus Def File Displays On Unmanaged Clients

Posted Aug 22, 2009 09:44 PM
    I have SAV 10.1.8.8000  installed as unmanaged clients on three computers.   Each day I manually update the virus definitions file to the latest version via the LiveUpdate link on the SAV GUI.   However, when I re-open SAV the following day, the version displayed is usually 2-3 days old.   What can I do to ensure that the most current version is always displayed?

Thanks for your assistance. 

• 2.  RE: Outdated Version Of SAV 10.1.8.8000 Virus Def File Displays On Unmanaged Clients

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2009 03:43 AM
    Hi, Usually the definitions date would show one day old date i.e if you check the SAV GUI today, you will see yesterday's definitions. This is normal. But if you see 2-3 days old definitions then that is a concern. You may try the following steps to resolve this. -- Go to add/remove programs -- Select Symantec Antivirus -- Select "Change" and then click on the "Repair" option -- After the repair is successful, reboot the machine -- Click on the Liveupdate button on the SAV GUI -- Check the following day if it show the correct definitions. If this does not help try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the client. Let me know if this helps :-)