Video Screencast Help

Outlook 2007 w/EV 6.0 latest SP

Created: 11 Dec 2006 • Updated: 22 May 2010 | 6 comments

I tried searching for info, but was coming up empty handed. My apologies in advance if this has been covered numerous times.

Whats the current good (or bad) word on Outlook 2007 used in conjunction with EV 6.0 and the latest SP?

I just installed Outlook 2007 and it complains about the lite client plug-in and disables it. I re-install did no good. We are days away from an EV deployment, but this is going to be an all-stop if Outlook 2007 is not supported as many of our customers that wish to come on board with our EV system are soon to be deploying Outlook 2007.

Thank you.

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Michael Bilsborough's picture

Hi,

Check the certification tables on the symantec web site. Not currently supported (but obvioulsy certification work is ongoing)

Micah Wyenn's picture

so I've used the full dcom client with 2007, and have had some success. Now, your mileage may vary as some people think that outlook 2007 + IE7 is a good idea...and that's just adding more uncertaintly (as far as I'm concerned). I also didn't test it in depth, but apparently the 7.0client is fully supported w/ 2007 and Ie7.

micah

Brian Day's picture

> Hi,
>
> Check the certification tables on the symantec web
> site. Not currently supported (but obvioulsy
> certification work is ongoing)

Thanks, have you heard anything about a timeframe? It isn't like Outlook 2007 was a surprise that just popped up on everyone. The beta program for Office 2007 was remarkably large, I would have hoped Symantec had support for it in place already. Sorry... its been a frustrating night. :)

TonySterling's picture

The goal is to have major release's like these certified within 60 days of GA. While the beta program was large and that helps in the process, the GA release is necessary for final certification.

regards,

Brian Day's picture

I can live with 60 days. :)

Now... how do I uninstall the lite client so avoid the warning about the plugin being disabled each time Outlook is opened? I re-rean the installer and chose "remove". I got no errors, but it doesn't appear to have worked as the plugin is still there and popping up errors.

TonySterling's picture

Does it appear in the add/remove programs? Did you run the install manually or use the self-installing feature?