Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Outlook Add-in becoming inactive in outlook 2007 and 2010

Posted Jul 23, 2015 06:23 PM

We have created Outlook Add-in across enterprise them to help upload emails to our document repository portal.

We are running into two issues.

1. Symantec is rasing Repute exception and quarantine the plugin
    2. Addin disappearing (inactivated) from outlook

For the first issue, I am submitting Addin package for white-listing and it seems to have fixed this issue. Please confirm, what I did is correct or not.

For second issue, I am assuming that it's due to some unhandled error in Add-In code.. Please confirm.

• 2.  RE: Outlook Add-in becoming inactive in outlook 2007 and 2010

Posted Jul 23, 2015 10:53 PM

Have you tried adding it as an exception via the Risk log? This should stop the issue.

• 3.  RE: Outlook Add-in becoming inactive in outlook 2007 and 2010

Posted Jul 24, 2015 01:03 PM

Hi Brian,

We have around 3 plugins being developed and deployed across 100+  desktops.. So, we will not be able to add exceptions in each machines manually.

For this purpose only, I am submitting these plugins for whitelisting each time, there is new release of Plugin. Isn't it does the same?

Regards,

Praveen.V.Nair

• 4.  RE: Outlook Add-in becoming inactive in outlook 2007 and 2010

Posted Jul 24, 2015 01:24 PM

If you add from the SEPM console within your Exceptions policy it will apply to all machines that have that policy. No reasont o add to each machine manually.

Submitting for whitelisting is fnie but it may take longer. Adding exceptions is much quicker in the mean time.