Video Screencast Help

OWA with Exchange 2010

Created: 08 Jun 2011 • Updated: 04 Sep 2011 | 13 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

All,

We are currently running 9.0.1 and currently deploying Exchange 2010.  When we have installed and setup owa for the 2010 environment I have noticed archived mails with embedded picture don't display and a message states the message "Not all the images in this messages can be displayed.  You can use Outlook to view the missing images".   Archived mail with attachments work fine.  Is this normal or am I missing something?

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 13 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rob.Wilcox's picture

In the preview pane of OWA, or when you've opened the archived item?

James Herbert's picture

Both in the preview and when I double click to open the mail

Rob.Wilcox's picture

I will try it this evening on my virtual machines, and let you know...

Rob.Wilcox's picture

Oh one quick question, if it's not too much hardship - can you post a screenshot of the two things that you see, versus what it looks like in Outlook?

Rob.Wilcox's picture

I created a few test mails with just something simple like a line of text, then an inline image, then another line of text.

I can open these fine when they're archived as well as when they're not archived.

I can't find anything in our code that gives out that line of text in the banner, nor can I find anything useful on Google about it.

So, let's see if we can out anything from what you have got setup.  Can you check your Shortcut Content part of your Archiving Policy.  What do you have for the shortcut content?

SOLUTION
James Herbert's picture

Thanks for looking on your test system.

I have "Include recipient Infromation" enalbed

Content of shortcut body: Use Message body

When shortcut is opened: Show Contents

Rob.Wilcox's picture

Okay I will try that ..  (one of the combinations that I didn't try late last night!!).  Will let you know shortly, what happens.

Rob.Wilcox's picture

hmm mine is now set the same way, and it works for me.  Let's step back a tiny bit ...

Are you using EV 9.0? 9.0.1 or 9.0.2?  On your EV Server.

Are the OWA Extensions installed on your CAS the same version?

Is your CAS at Exchange 2010 SP 1?  Do you have any rollups applied?

Can you reproduce it with a simple mail of just :-

test

>> some random 500-600Kb image

end test

.. as the message body, and archive that.

James Herbert's picture

Find info below;

Are you using EV 9.0? 9.0.1 or 9.0.2?  On your EV Server. 9.0.1

Are the OWA Extensions installed on your CAS the same version? 9.0.5169

Is your CAS at Exchange 2010 SP 1?  Do you have any rollups applied? We have Exchange SP1 installed with no rollups

Can you reproduce it with a simple mail of just :- Normal archived mail works fine

Rob.Wilcox's picture

Sorry I'm confused by this bit :

Can you reproduce it with a simple mail of just :- Normal archived mail works fine

I'm wondering whether your screenshot is of a mail with many images in it, hence my question to test a simple mail of :-

Test

>> some inline image

End Test

..Archive it, and see what it looks like in OWA.

James Herbert's picture

The screenshot i send over only had one image embedded in it.  I'll try another few messages as well