Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Packages will not deploy

Created: 30 Oct 2012 | 5 comments

Hi!

We are running SEPM 12.1

We recently upgraded to it from 11.X. Rather than actually upgrading, we just started over with new databases and server installs. We are running 7 sites which are all replicating with a central location. When we brought up the new version, all of the previous clients added themselves back in to the list of clients being managed by the servers. We then created groups based on the various locations (each management server controls a different group) and assigned the new 12.1 packages for both 32 and 64 bit.

Clients attached to the main site are happily downloading the packages without an issue. However, none of the other sites/groups are downloading the updated package. In 11.x when we would put the packages out there for the groups all of the clients would grab them almost immediately -- it has been 5 days now, replications are all succeeding, but the clients that are attached to any site other than the main one are not grabbing the new client packages -- yes the packages are assigned to each one of the groups individually.

Any ideas?

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

Can you post the SEP_INST.log from one of the clients not updating?

Can you confirm the clients are checking in to the replicated sites (green dot)?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

anilles's picture

After checking with my tech to pull that log, he said that the clients themselves do NOT have green dots, I see a green dot + "online" on the management server, but not on the client end. 

Could this be a sylink file issue? If so, what is the procedure to replace those on 12.x? I know on older versions there was a program called sylink replacer...

anilles's picture

Hi, do I pull that log from the client? or from the management server at the site? Do you know the path offhand?

Yes, they are checking in. I have a green dot on the client, and a green check with "online" on the [local] managment server.

I know on older versions sylink files needed to be replaced, but I am getting green dot so...

.Brian's picture

it should be on the client

Open a Run prompt and type %temp%, should be located here

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

anilles's picture

I should add, site names have changed since the 11.x install, but the servers have the same IP, and the clients are checking in.

That is, one site was names MK2 with an IP of 10.3.112.34 the new install is site named MKE but it is on the same machine the old one was, IP 10.3.112.34.

Clients reattached themselves to the new version. I did not touch the clients.