Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Password Recovery for SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 20, 2012 04:43 AM

I checked the button for "Directory Authentication" for logging on to the SEPM console, but when I entered the username and the domain, I got an error message stating that the account could not be verified. I thought I clicked cancel, but when I tried to log in later on, I was blocked from logging in. I suspect that I didn't click cancel, and that there is now no way for me to log on to the console.

The email address on the admin page (the one used by Symantec Endpoint Protection manager 12.1) is not recieving any emails from Symantec when I tell it to reset the password.

I know that SEPM 11.0 had a resetpass.bat file that would set everything back to defaults--does SEPM 12.1 have anything of the sort? I've read multiple forums stating that it didn't, but I hope that perhaps Symantec has a "secret file" that they don't openly publish to get back in to the console. If not, is there a configuration file or something somewhere that shows what email address the temporary password from "Forgot your password" is going to?

Using

Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1.

• 2.  RE: Password Recovery for SEPM 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2012 05:20 AM

if directory authentication , you should be able to login directory credentials.if it has blocked, by default it is blicked for 60 minutes, unless you have changed the settings.

• 3.  RE: Password Recovery for SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 20, 2012 06:06 AM

When I entered the login credentials, it said that it was unable to authenticate them. So I believe it is now set up to login in with domain credentials but the domain it's trying to log in through isn't showing up. Is there some way to force it back to logging in with Management Server accounts without being in the console?

• 4.  RE: Password Recovery for SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 22, 2012 11:11 AM

Hi- Which of the ID password used for the Configuration of AD credential in EEPM, Hopefully same password is wrong so you can't able to login there. Same of the issue occur in my side so that I have used the service account.

How to setup a Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager administrator account to use Active Directory authentication

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH104726

How to configure Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager to synchronize user data with a directory server

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH96201&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1308293748298

• 5.  RE: Password Recovery for SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 22, 2012 03:39 PM

Q: The email address on the admin page (the one used by Symantec Endpoint Protection manager 12.1) is not recieving any emails from Symantec when I tell it to reset the password.

A: click forgot password link and Type the user name as admin and submit. Now you will receive a temporary password for login.

If this post resolved your issue mark them as resolved.

Thanks in advance!!!

• 6.  RE: Password Recovery for SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 23, 2012 06:10 AM

I am already locked out of the admin account, and I have no way to log in to the Symantec Management Console. The "Forget Password" option doesn't work, as the email it sends is NOT going to the admin email address specified (I am still getting "Alert" emails from the Symantec Console at that email address, just not getting emails pertaining to a temporary password).

I know that Symantec offers the "Sylinkreplacer" tool ONLY if customers speak to the customer service department, and I was wondering if there is a secret fix for password resets that Symantec does not readily advertise. I'm looking for something that works similar to the way the "resetpass.bat" file worked in previous versions of Symantec. The only other option for me is to delete and re-install the admin console and re-deploy all of the clients, which is something I'm looking to avoid doing. 

Is there any tool similar to "resetpass.bat" available for Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1?

Thank you,

• 7.  RE: Password Recovery for SEPM 12.1

Posted Jul 23, 2012 01:14 PM

Create a case with Symantec Technical Support

They will help you out fixing this without uninstalling and reinstalling SEPM. No need of Sylink Replacer instead.

• 8.  RE: Password Recovery for SEPM 12.1

Posted Nov 19, 2012 10:02 PM

Hope issue resolved on 23 Jul 2012..

No comments after that