Video Screencast Help

Patch 2269

Created: 13 Aug 2010 | 5 comments

Folks:

I need to get patch 2269 to correct an exception C0000005 error when trying to create an image.     We just updated our version of Ghost which started this problem.    We obtained Ghost through our campus software office and Corporate Symantec will not help me without a customer number which I was never given.

Can anyone point me to the location where the patch is or depending upon the size, etc. send it to me?

I am desperate!!!!!

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Nitin's picture

Actually 2269 patch has resolved the issue of Ghost hang problem on machine having new Intel AHCI controller. The problem you mentioned in your thread has not been addressed in this patch. Please contact Symantec Tech Support team to avail 2269 patch if any way you want.

Regards,
Nitin

If you feel your issue has been addressed to, please use the "Mark as Solution" link for the relevant thread

Steve_CES's picture

How can i get the 2269 patch? I am having problems with new Dell latitude laptops (e5410) and hope this will help.

Randall Newnham's picture

Hello,

You will need to contact technical support to receive the patch; we are no longer able to distribute this via the forums.

Thank you,

Randy

thopir's picture

i have the same Problem and need the Patch 2269

Actually 2269 patch has resolved the issue of Ghost hang problem on machine having new Intel AHCI controller. The problem you mentioned in your thread has not been addressed in this patch. Please contact Symantec Tech Support team to avail 2269 patch if any way you want.

Nitin's picture

Do you mean that you have same issue with the mentioned hardware. If yes, then you need to contact Symantec support to avail the patch.

Regards,
Nitin

If you feel your issue has been addressed to, please use the "Mark as Solution" link for the relevant thread