Patch Management Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Patch Day April 2013 - MS13-035

Posted Apr 12, 2013 03:21 AM

Hello,

I have a problem with this two patches from the last patch day. KB2760406 KB2687422

Under the Compliance by Update the following patches have only Applicable(Count) 1 but this is not possible we have over 130Clients.

I checked this patches also in WSUS and there are around 100Clients must install this patches.

Have someone also this problem

Many Thanks

Markus

• 2.  RE: Patch Day April 2013 - MS13-035

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 16, 2013 12:03 PM

Hi Markus,

Is my understanding correctly that you don't see mentioned updates in "compliance by updates" report at all? Considering that these updates are not superseded, it looks like they are not detected as applicable on the most of your clients.

Could you please check one of the affected clients and verify that Microsoft InfoPath 2010 Service Pack 1 is indeed installed and working correctly?
    In case if there is no problem with installed Microsoft InfoPath 2010 Service Pack 1, please execute Windows Assessment Scan on affected client, verify that is executed successfully and attach STPatchAssessment.log & STPatchAssessment.xml. Usually files are located at "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\SoftwareManagement\Software Delivery\{6D417916-467C-46A7-A870-6D86D9345B61}\cache\"

Thanks,
    Roman

• 3.  RE: Patch Day April 2013 - MS13-035

Posted Apr 16, 2013 01:55 PM

Hello Markus,

In addition to Roman's requested data;

1. Ensure there is a targeted filter on the Windows Patch Remediation Settings, for if that is not in place; the needed resource associations to the clients will not take place and the reports fail to display properly. This is detailed on KM: HOWTO79488.

2. Ensure the clients are reporting inventory, for licensing may be exceeded or other items can cause this issue if the inventories are not being returned by the clients to display them properly in Compliance Reports. Detailed troubleshooting can be found on KM: HOWTO60750.

These checks, will help ensure the product is properly configured, and if so then review Roman's request, for the STPatch data, and he will confirm if the update is targeting properly.

Thank you,

Joshua R.