Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Patch MS12-A07 (KB2661254) could not be downloaded

Created: 16 Oct 2012 • Updated: 01 Nov 2012 | 6 comments
STHN's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi there,

some of our customers report that there is an issue downloading the patch MS12-A07. Research shows that the download path must have changed. Indeed that patch has been revises on October 9.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/adviso...

V2.0 (October 9, 2012): Revised advisory to rerelease the KB2661254 update for Windows XP and to announce that the KB2661254 update for all supported releases of Microsoft Windows is now offered through automatic updating. Customers who previously applied the KB2661254 update do not need to take any action. See advisory FAQ for details.

However patch management now reports an error downloading the patch. This should be solved by running the metadata import task again.

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

RichC's picture

I'm glad someone else has seen this, however, our PMImport runs every day and i'm still seeing this issue. Actually, if I try to use the link that it is showing, it still fails even a manual download (See pics below).  Any ideas?

--->    i'm no stranger to slack, but i'm not a slacker

RichC's picture

Just did a re-run of the PMImport and tried to download MS12-A07 again, same issue as above.   My PMImport is set to an incremental import, though i'm not sure if that should make a difference.

Dmitri_Gornev's picture

Hi sebaha, RichC,

this is a known issue with Patch Data covered in http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198445 and corresponding team is looking into this - I'll post an update when get more information.

STHN's picture

Wired. I just run a test environment and never download patches. However I ran a patch data import and were able to download the patch, no trouble. Let's check if a full import helps.

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - Consulting und Support für Altiris/SEP/EV und andere Symantec Produkte.
Please take the time and mark this post as solution if it solved your problem - thanks!

Dmitri_Gornev's picture

Please update to PM Import version 7.1.362 - problem is resolved there. I was able to stage all update from MS12-A07 using it:

ms12-a07.png
RichC's picture

Sure enough this morning 7.1.362 downloaded and I verified that I can stage the update now.  Thanks for checking into this!