Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

PC Anywhere upgrade 12.5 to 12.5 sp4 - host stops in 12.5

Created: 24 Sep 2012 • Updated: 03 Oct 2012 | 1 comment
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Trying to upgrade my 12.5 pcanywhere to 12.5 sp4.  Follow instructions but when i insert my cd, no upgrade to sp4 shows up as per instructions.  I am confused as to how to perform this upgrade.  Does this upgrade cost me additional money to make my existing software work?  am I missing something??

Been using 12.5 for a number of years and suddenly the host stops or disappears from the tray????  restart and it works ok for my remote but stops again? Have found somewhere on web that this is a result of a Symantec source code release and now I must add the sp4 patch.  

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

ICHCB's picture

sp4 is a new install. you will insert the SP4 cd and run the install/upgrade.  Or it can be ran from the download if you download the zip file. 

The download comes from the http://fileconnect.symantec.com web page but you will need your serial number.  If you don't have your serial number you can email pcanywhere @ symantec . com to request your serial number and download instructions.

cheers.

If you find this post helpful please give it a thumbs up!
If you find that this solves your problem please mark it as the solution! 

SOLUTION