Video Screencast Help

Personal Symantec System Recovery 2013 cd doesn't boot

Created: 15 Nov 2013 | 8 comments

Hello

I have create personal DVD /CD  with SSR 2013 . I have burnt the iso file . It seems during the creation of the iso.file , the drivers have been recognized automatically . I have an erreur about marvell9 xx Sata .

I have tried to boot the PC , but that doesn't work .

Please could you have a solution to sort out ?

Regards

Operating Systems:

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Which OS version is the driver in question for ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

OK sorry I have to rephrase my question: The non-working driver, for which OS version is it ? Or didn't you provide this non-working driver during the creation of the personal SRD?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

ROBERT77's picture

Hello

Sorry , I don't understand what  do you mean exactly .about driver . Do you think about that ?

- During the iso file production , i can capture the drivers who seem recognized automatically  ( image driver ) but I have notice some errors about bluetooth( not neccassry for me )  and Marvell ( image drivers1 )

This morning , I  have succeeded to boot on the CD , but not automacally as the Symantec support talk me .

First, I have to run the Bios and force it to run with the CD and not the Hard Disk .

After a long while ( about 5 min ) , I can see a Symantec windows who open . See some pictures .

I think that now ,my custom SSR 2013 Disk is OK but I don't run it to recovery ( I have no need ) just to test if it is working

Regards

Robert

DSC03409.JPG DSC03403.JPG DSC03405.JPG DSC03406.JPG DSC03407.JPG DSC03408.JPG DSC03410.JPG driver.jpg driver1.jpg

As I can see the marvell driver is for a RAID device. Can you see the disks of this system ? I assume they are connected to this RAID controller ?!

ROBERT77's picture

Hello Markus

I have not tried to see the disks of the system . I believe that  the test was ok because I could  open the menu of symantec recovery disk .

I suppose that  to pursuit the test  and see the disks, I have to run  Home-> Recover my computer  or Recovery ->Recovery My computer (See the 2 images corresponding )

For your information , I have 3 disks on my PC : C( System  veliciraptor , 300 Go  ) , D and E (2 To each )

I have also 2 external Hard Disks where are saved these disk with  Symantec System Recovery 2013 .

Do you have the same menu like me when you  open your PC with the your custom SSR disk ?

DSC03403A.jpg DSC03405A.jpg

Yes I have. You could try to open a command prompt under Analyze (i think) and run diskpart with list disk to see what drives are visible to the SRd.

Have you tried running diskpart yet ?