Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Personal Symantec System Recovery 2013 cd doesn't boot

Created: 15 Nov 2013 | 8 comments

Hello

I have create personal DVD /CD  with SSR 2013 . I have burnt the iso file . It seems during the creation of the iso.file , the drivers have been recognized automatically . I have an erreur about marvell9 xx Sata .

I have tried to boot the PC , but that doesn't work .

Please could you have a solution to sort out ?

Regards

Operating Systems:

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Which OS version is the driver in question for ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

OK sorry I have to rephrase my question: The non-working driver, for which OS version is it ? Or didn't you provide this non-working driver during the creation of the personal SRD?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

ROBERT77's picture

Hello

Sorry , I don't understand what  do you mean exactly .about driver . Do you think about that ?

- During the iso file production , i can capture the drivers who seem recognized automatically  ( image driver ) but I have notice some errors about bluetooth( not neccassry for me )  and Marvell ( image drivers1 )

This morning , I  have succeeded to boot on the CD , but not automacally as the Symantec support talk me .

First, I have to run the Bios and force it to run with the CD and not the Hard Disk .

After a long while ( about 5 min ) , I can see a Symantec windows who open . See some pictures .

I think that now ,my custom SSR 2013 Disk is OK but I don't run it to recovery ( I have no need ) just to test if it is working

Regards

Robert

DSC03409.JPG DSC03403.JPG DSC03405.JPG DSC03406.JPG DSC03407.JPG DSC03408.JPG DSC03410.JPG driver.jpg driver1.jpg

As I can see the marvell driver is for a RAID device. Can you see the disks of this system ? I assume they are connected to this RAID controller ?!

ROBERT77's picture

Hello Markus

I have not tried to see the disks of the system . I believe that  the test was ok because I could  open the menu of symantec recovery disk .

I suppose that  to pursuit the test  and see the disks, I have to run  Home-> Recover my computer  or Recovery ->Recovery My computer (See the 2 images corresponding )

For your information , I have 3 disks on my PC : C( System  veliciraptor , 300 Go  ) , D and E (2 To each )

I have also 2 external Hard Disks where are saved these disk with  Symantec System Recovery 2013 .

Do you have the same menu like me when you  open your PC with the your custom SSR disk ?

DSC03403A.jpg DSC03405A.jpg

Yes I have. You could try to open a command prompt under Analyze (i think) and run diskpart with list disk to see what drives are visible to the SRd.

Have you tried running diskpart yet ?