Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP 10.0.3 won't accept new license key, won't send recovery email and won't check for updates.

Posted Nov 15, 2011 09:29 AM

We just renewed our PGP Desktop license and our company name has an ampersand in it as registered. When we enter the registration information, PGP whines "The specified license number has been previously authorized by a different name and/or organization." When we look at the organization name, the ampersand & has disappeared.

When we click "Request Reminder via Email" it thinks about it and a yellow triangled message appears saying "Recovery Email could not be sent."

When we check for updates, we get a dialog box saying "Product  manifest from the PGP Corporation update server fails the integrity check. Please try again later." It's been saying this for two days.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

• 2.  RE: PGP 10.0.3 won't accept new license key, won't send recovery email and won't check for updates.

Posted Nov 15, 2011 09:40 AM

I figured out if I inserted the ampersand twice, as needs to be done with some regex code, the ampersand now appears but it still won't accept the inforamtion.

Example company name: "The Gas & Electric Company"

Entered that way, it appears as "The Gas  Electric Company"

Entered as: "The Gas && Electric Company" it appears as "The Gas & Electric Company"

Still doesn't work, though.

• 3.  RE: PGP 10.0.3 won't accept new license key, won't send recovery email and won't check for updates.
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 15, 2011 10:33 AM

As indicated in this Knowledge Base Article, please use Authorized User for the Name and Authorized Company for the Organization.

• 4.  RE: PGP 10.0.3 won't accept new license key, won't send recovery email and won't check for updates.

Posted Nov 15, 2011 11:29 AM

That allowed me to register it successfully. It would be nice if the license PDF made mention of it. <sigh>

Do you have any idea on why we cannot check for updates?

• 5.  RE: PGP 10.0.3 won't accept new license key, won't send recovery email and won't check for updates.

Posted Nov 15, 2011 12:22 PM

Are you trying the PGP Desktop Check for Updates?  I believe it was at the time of the PGP 10.1 release that this was eliminated due to the transitioning of the product from PGP Corp to Symantec. This PDF describes the current way to obtain PGP updates/upgrades. I believe the Name and Organization change was about the same time, and therefore not in the documentation for the earlier version.

• 6.  RE: PGP 10.0.3 won't accept new license key, won't send recovery email and won't check for updates.

Posted Nov 15, 2011 01:22 PM

I'll have to open a support case. We don't have a Universal Server and when I look in Advanced Search of licensing.symantec.com it says "No records found" yet we do have valid SEPM licenses.

Thanks for your time and help,

Ray