Video Screencast Help

PGP 10.1 Stopped Decrypting

Created: 07 Feb 2013 | 5 comments

Hello,

I have a user that has PGP 10.1 installed on a Windows XP SP3 machine, using Outlook 2007. It was working fine for years, up until today. All the sudden it stopped. It does not give errors or anything. It just fails to automatically decrypt messages that come to her inbox. We've tried all the basics, including actually completely removing PGP (including the preferences folder) from her computer and then reinstalling/reconfiguring the software.

But to no avail. We cannot get it to work.

Any advice?

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Alex_CST's picture

Can you post a log of emails coming in?

Please mark posts as solutions if they solve your problem!

http://www.cstl.com

natefish's picture

Alex_CST,

It's a bit difficult to do that. We probably get 200ish emails per day that need to be decrypted. We have about 10 people that work on that. They go into a public mailbox that they all have access to and once an email is processed, it is deleted. (I don't have access to our Exchange logs, that's handled by our corporate Sys Admins.

But, she is the only one having problems out of all of our PGP installs.

Thanks.

Tom Mc's picture

From you original post, I suspect you may have already done this.  However, just in case:

Sometimes, the PGP email proxy has been known to just suddenly stop working, causing such a problem.  This can usually be resolved by going to the PGP Desktop GUI, and deleting the existing PGP Messaging Service.  If PGP had automatically created this policy, it will then automtically recreate it.  If it was manually conflgured, you may have to do this again.

When you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

Search the Knowledge Base &

natefish's picture

Thanks for the tips everyone. Nothing seems to fix it though. I'm actually able to decrypt using the "PGP Viewer" and dragging the email into the window. That works just fine.

The automatic decryption in the Outlook window still doesn't happen though. I'm not sure if I'm missing a setting or something. But I'm going through everything I can. :/

Thanks again!

Tom Mc's picture

This Knowledge Base Article may be of help.

When you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

Search the Knowledge Base &