File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP 10.2.0 not accepting passphrase at bootguard screen

Posted Oct 20, 2011 04:11 PM

I have built an OSX 10.6.8 system and have installed 10.2.0 (build 1672) and I used a master account to encrypt the drive.  I have since tried to add a network user to the system and can add them to the system and walk through the prompts to enroll with PGP.  However, when I reboot the system I am unable to use that users passphrase to get past the Bootguard screen.  I have to enter the passphrase of the account that I used to encrypt the drive. 

Many thanks for all assistance.

• 2.  RE: PGP 10.2.0 not accepting passphrase at bootguard screen

Posted Oct 20, 2011 07:28 PM

Have you added the user in the PGP Disk module of PGP Desktop?

• 3.  RE: PGP 10.2.0 not accepting passphrase at bootguard screen

Posted Oct 21, 2011 01:47 AM

The user is showing under the listed disk drive.  The user is reporting on the Universal server as being associated with the MBP in question.  The user is able to use the WDRT and can get through, but his passphrase is not accepted.  I was hoping that by using hte WDRT, it would reset his account on the laptop and allow the passphrase to be used, but that was not the case.  When I left for the day, I initiated a Policy Update, but that was running for over 20 minutes when I had to leave.  Thank you.

• 4.  RE: PGP 10.2.0 not accepting passphrase at bootguard screen

Posted Oct 21, 2011 10:40 AM

In 10.2 boot screen, you are required to enter Domain. Please check that you are entering the right information. Is it a local or domain user?

If you don´t like this setting, it can be changed from Universal Policy. Desktop , Disk encryption, "Display simple authentication field"

Re-enroll client (close pgp, delete users profile , open pgp and follow enrollement process.

After this, user and devices will be refreshed on the server, as well as client policy

Update when finished