Desktop Email Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP Application not found in Outlook 2003

Posted Aug 31, 2015 12:30 AM

Hi,

I have just installed and upgarde PGP Deskop 10.1.1 using with Outlook 2003. The only problem i face is that when i open the attachements it says no application were found.

Its normaly look like this:

1.jpg

But in my case, its look like this:

2.JPG

As you see first image, the application is assigned and pgp icon is showing in start of attachment but in my case its showing blank, i am unable to open file directly to click on the attachments.

System Information: Win7 Professional, 64 Bit, MS Outlook 2003, PFG Desktop 10.1.1 (Licensed)

Can you please help me in this issue ?

• 2.  RE: PGP Application not found in Outlook 2003

Posted Aug 31, 2015 09:13 PM

Hi Sounoshb,

Could you please try upgrading the PGP to latest version and 10.1.1 is a legacy version and had some know issues.

You can fine the latest version from https://fileconnect.symantec.com, using your serial number.

• 3.  RE: PGP Application not found in Outlook 2003

Posted Sep 01, 2015 12:55 AM

Yes i try this to upgrade to the latest version but no success, previously i am able to decrypt email, when i click on the new email in Inbox, now after upgrade this is also not working. Can you please explain briefly about this issue? As we have allot of work which is directly related to email and Symantec Desktop.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: PGP Application not found in Outlook 2003

Posted Sep 02, 2015 12:57 AM

Can any one from Symantec will help me to resolve this issue ?

We want to open pdf and then enter the key to open / save the encrypted document.

• 5.  RE: PGP Application not found in Outlook 2003

Posted Sep 07, 2015 11:52 AM

Hi Sounoshb,

Could you please confirm the version you are on currently? Also have to re-installed or reinstalled PGP?

Try opening the PGP desktop and check if it comes up correctly.

The icon for the file will come up if the product has been installed correctly and is working fine.

• 6.  RE: PGP Application not found in Outlook 2003

Posted Sep 14, 2015 11:44 PM

I am unsing version 10.3 and from the very first installation of this software the pgp desktop application was not found in Outlook. Also PGP is opening fine no issue in opening pgp.