Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

PGP Command Line 8.5 build 303

Created: 09 Dec 2011 • Updated: 06 Jan 2012 | 16 comments

Hello,

I am new to your Forum, request your help.

I am in the process of updating my current OS Windows 2003 32bit to 64bit Windows 2008 R2.

Will my existing PGP Command Line 8.5 build 303 work in the new environment (64bit Windows 2008 R2)?  Do I have to take any precautions before the installation?  Taking a backup of my existing home folder would be sufficient or any other folders needs to be backed up?

Below is the command line output for Version. Hoping for your promt response.

PGP Command Line 8.5 build 303
Copyright (C) 2004 PGP Corporation
All rights reserved.

Comments 16 CommentsJump to latest comment

Tom Mc's picture

According to this Knowledge Base Article, your PGP version does not have either 64 bit support or support for Windows 2008.  However, the current 10.2 version's Release Notes indicates support for Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit

When you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

Search the Knowledge Base &

Julian_M's picture

PGP will work on your enviroment.

you should backup your keys (My Docs\PGP) and check if any config file in %appdata%\PGP CORPORATION

When you consider the issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the post that best provided the solution.

Dhez's picture

Hello All,

I would like to ask if there is PGP Command Line that is compatible to Windows 2008 that do not requires any license.

Is PGP Command Line 10.2 free? Can we install it on the server without purchasing a license? What will be the impact if we use this version without valid license. Can we do support to  do the following:

• Export a new  key
    • Add vendor key
    • list the keys
    • use the key to encrypt a file after exporting
    • sign a key after adding to the keyring
  • --sign

--encrypt

--passphrase

Hope for your immediate response.

Tom Mc's picture

Symantec does not provide any  freeware license or functioning for its PGP Command Line Product.  Although there is some freeware level of functioning for its PGP Desktop product, the license does not allow it to be used in a commercial setting. 

When you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

Julian_M's picture

You can test PGP features in our trial version with a temporary license.

http://www.symantec.com/business/theme.jsp?themeid...

When you consider the issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the post that best provided the solution.

Dhez's picture

Is PGP Command Line 10.2 requires a license or not? Can we use it even if we didnt configure the licensing?

Tom Mc's picture

The trial license is probably good for the same 90 days that the PGP Desktop License is good for, but you should lose ability to use the product after that - it is a commercial product and is not have a freeware license.

Dhez's picture

Hello Tom,

do you have the link for the installer of PGP Command Line 10.2 . Thanks in advance.

Tom Mc's picture

Follow the link above, select PGP Command Line, and then the Trialware link.  I can't offer anything more direct.

Dhez's picture

Good Day!

Do you know how much will be the cost for the license of the PGP Command Line 10.2? Actually, we didnt have tried yet to test the trial version. We need how much will be the cost for this PGP for our estimates. Thanks in advance.

Dhez's picture

Hello Again,

Can you direct me on the site where I can find the cost of license? Thanks

Tom Mc's picture

Click the Purchasing link here

Tom Mc's picture

You are welcome.  If you consider your need in this area to be resolved, please use the Mark As Solution on the post that was most helpful.

Dhez's picture

Hello Tom and Julian,

I have few questions with regards to the license. We are on the process of buying a key for our upgrade. I want to clarify the price for this “2 CPUs and Unlimited keys” in the list. For example, we have multiple clients and currently we have almost 30keys installed on our current server (for non-production server and production server). Please confirm if this will be applicable even if we will have multiple clients in the future that have a PGP key.

Also, can you direct me to the support team pertaining on buying the license or any email that we can email with if we have questions.

Tom Mc's picture

Here you can purchase online or by telephone call, or Chat with Sales.