Endpoint Encryption

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

• 1.  PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Jun 07, 2011 04:34 PM

Hello,

I have scoured the universe on attempting to solve this issue and am looking for some guidance. I have an ISP that blocks port 25 for SMTP servers other than their own. In order to access my employers mail server I need to use an unblocked port that is different than port 25. 

In order to accomplish this I have tried automatic and manual proxy, both of which fail at the same point in the process. I followed the directions for setting up the manual proxy as defined in the manual.

PGP appears to connect to the server on the proper port. It then encrypts the mail message and then immediately fails with the following error.

From PGP Log.
    ProxyLib: Error processing SMTP message, awaiting next client command. (-11495).
    Socket closed by other end

If I disable PGP for this acocunt and let Outlook send mail un-encrypted, everything works fine. As soon as PGP gets involved in the process I get the above error. Also other employees from the company encrypt messages to this mail server but on port 25. I have also uninstalled and re-installed PGP and Outlook without any change.

I have also tried to use my ISPs SMTP server and encouter the same error as above. In fact I think I have tried just about every combination of parameters that I can think of. I am looking for any ideas on how to resolve this issue.

• 2.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Nov 22, 2011 01:02 PM

Where you able to solve this issue?

I'm having the same problem, what should I do?

thanks

• 3.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Jan 30, 2012 09:19 AM

I get the same error message (no ports are blocked by my ISP, though), I don't know how to proceed... any ideas?

• 4.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Feb 03, 2012 01:54 AM

I have the same problem discribed below. Why someone form symantec doesn't answer this please? Without PGP everything works fine.

• 5.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Feb 03, 2012 03:48 AM

Any help would be highly appreciated...

• 6.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Feb 09, 2012 04:41 AM

Has anybody resolved this issue yet?

• 7.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Feb 24, 2012 03:52 AM

I had that problem several times (message "Email was blocked" where sending mail and in PGP LOG Verbose "ProxyLib: Error processing SMTP message, awaiting next client command. (-11495).").

I went to PGP desktop, PGP Keys and deleted all keys tha was with italic font (even if they were signed the day before and worked yesterday). I imported those keys again, signed it and after that, it worked - mails went encrypted and signed.

Hope this will help somebody.

• 8.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Feb 27, 2012 06:17 AM

Thank you so much, this really helped!
    The only remaining problem is that I need to activate the italic keys every single time I shut down PGP desktop (=shutting down my computer), otherwise I'll get the "e-mails blocked" error again.

It would be ever so convenient if I didn't have to do this, but as for now, I'm happy to be able to send and receive encrypted e-mails. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks again!

• 9.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Feb 27, 2012 08:12 AM

The keys being disabled might benefit from disabling daily key server synching on the Keys tab of PGP Optons.

• 10.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Feb 28, 2012 07:17 AM

Thanks, that really did the trick.

However, I'm still not sure why this problem came up in the first place. That's always the part crucial to preventing similar trouble in the future...

• 11.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Feb 28, 2012 08:35 AM

If this is in response to my prior post:

When keys are placed on the Global Directory, they become associated with this keyserver.  When you then synch your keys with the Global Directory and the key is not found, it indicates that the owner of the key has removed the key, which suggests that they no longer want that key used.  Because of this, PGP will then disable the key so that it will not be used. 

• 12.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.0 - SMTP Error (-11495)

Posted Feb 29, 2012 08:56 AM

Oh, I was not aware of that, thanks. Our client usually keeps us updated in case e-mail recipients change their keys etc., maybe I'll have to ask if there were any recent changes.