Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP Desktop 10.2 Lockup

Posted Sep 08, 2011 10:12 AM

PGP Desktop v10.2 is causing laptops to  lockup when running with Sophos v9.5 or v9.7. O/S installed on the laptops is Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 X64 SP1.

• 2.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.2 Lockup

Posted Sep 08, 2011 10:41 AM

Please see this Knowledge Base Article.

• 3.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.2 Lockup

Posted Sep 13, 2011 09:59 PM

Was this helpful - do you need further assistance?

• 4.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.2 Lockup

Posted Nov 24, 2011 07:36 AM

I cant seem to open the KB link???

I can confirm that i have the same issue...

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit
    Office 2010 SP1
    Sophos Endpoint Security & Control 9.5
    PGP Desktop 10.2.0 MP1

The laptop has been freezing and becoming unresponsive since installing PGP. After uninstalling PGP the laptop returned to normal.

• 5.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.2 Lockup

Posted Nov 24, 2011 11:14 AM

I just checked the link and it is working now.  But just in case:

Problem

When installing PGP Desktop on a system with Sophos, after entering your login information, Windows does not load the operating system.

Cause

This issue is caused by a conflict between a Sophos dll and a PGP Desktop dll. This is due to the order which the operating system loads the Sophos and PGP Desktop application dll files thereby causing PGP Desktop to affect the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) feature in Windows to fail.

This issue only occurs on systems which the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) feature in Windows is enabled. The Data Execution Prevention (DEP) feature is enabled by default in Windows XP Service Pack 2.

For more information regarding the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) feature in Windows, click the following link for a Microsoft Help and Support article. Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

• 6.  RE: PGP Desktop 10.2 Lockup

Posted Nov 24, 2011 01:55 PM

Thanks for your response....weird the link now works.

The KB is a slightly different problem although i will try it and see if it fixes my problems.