Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

PGP Desktop 10.2 Outlook 2010 non-latin symbols not visible

Created: 10 Jul 2012 • Updated: 10 Jul 2012 | 8 comments

Hi eveyone, I am using the PGP desktop 10 installed on win7 64bit machine with office 2010 32bit.

The problem is that when I receive an encrypted mail with the non-latin symbols (e.g. in win1251 encoding) it is not shown correctly in Outlook, I see only latin symbols, and the rest are just whitespaces. The Outlook shows a message as UTF-8 and when I try to change to win1251 it does not help. 
On the other hand when I do not decrypt the message on the fly in Outlook, but decrypt it through the clipboard, everything is fine.

I have recently upgraded to PGP 10.2.1 but nothing changed.
Please, advise what can be this issue about? is there any more setup that i might have missed out?

Thanks,
Sergey

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

Alex_CST's picture

Can you confirm if you uninstall PGP Desktop the non-latin characters bcome visible?

Please mark posts as solutions if they solve your problem!

http://www.cstl.com

Sergey Gindin's picture

Hi Alex,
Thx for your reply. Would you please explain the suggested experiment: if I unistall PGP Desktop, how should I decrypt the mails then to confirm?

Sergey Gindin's picture

Is PGP producing any logs while decrypting which I can look into to figure out what this problem is about?

Sergey Gindin's picture

My further investigation showed, that MP5 upgrade solves the problem in case of Outlook 2007.
But, please, Symantec, make it on for the Outlook 2010, too!