Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

PGP Desktop 10.2 - Passphrase Copy & Paste

Created: 29 Jan 2013 • Updated: 30 Jan 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hye,

I am currently testing PGP Desktop to implement it in our company. Everything is working fine, but one issue is really bothering me.

I created a new user with PGP keys. During doing that I was asked to enter a passphrase. I generated one with a password generator containing 50 ASCII signs. After that i copied the passphrase from the generator and wanted to paste it into PGP. It didn't work. So I copied the password into notepad. It was shown the correct password. So I tried to copy and paste the password from notepad. It didn't work either. So I typed the passphrase via keyboard. That did the job.

Am I really forced to enter a 50 type passphrase via keyboard everytime again? Is copy and paste blocked when I want to create or enter or change a passphrase?

Thx in advance for your support.

Regards,

Nightflight

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Alex_CST's picture

Yes you will be asked to enter the passphrase every time - i think using 50 random ASCII characters is overkill, that would take about 500 trillion years to brute force.  Try using a sentence that only you would know with spaces etc, it would still take 500 trillion years but at least you'd be able to type it in.

Please mark posts as solutions if they solve your problem!

http://www.cstl.com

Nightflight's picture

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,

Nightflight

SOLUTION