Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

at PGP Desktop 10.2.1 MP2, the window 7 mechine is crashed with bluescreen.

Created: 22 Aug 2012 • Updated: 29 Apr 2013 | 10 comments
jayson.kim's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

in Our Customers, almost client use window 7 mechine and they use PGP NetShare. and installed PGP Desktop 10.2.1 MP2 with PGP Universal Server. but a few mechine is crached with bluescreen.

if they exit pgp service, that mechine is worked correct wihout crach. and they use symantec SEP too.

what is main problem? or how to resolving it? i any know solution, please let me know it.

thanks and have a nice day!

Comments 10 CommentsJump to latest comment

PGP_Ben's picture

Can you send us a crashdump? I'm very interested in getting that information to development. Also, do you have a copy of the exception codes generated by the BSOD? This would that Ox.... error that will show up on the screen when the bluescreen occurs. A picture from a camera of the bluescreen window might be helpful in that case.

If/when you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

jayson.kim's picture

Hi Ben,

I was attched 3 crashdump. and i did not checked exception code so it maybe difficult to capture it. if i get chance i wil take it and share it.

And this customers using pgp netshare only with pgp universal server.

AttachmentSize
dump_PC01.zip 126.17 KB
dump_PC02.zip 405.43 KB
dump_PC03.zip 52.82 KB
shieldwolf's picture

Hi,

Has this issue been resolved? We're using Windows 7 64 bit and PGP Desktop 10.2.1 MP5. I deleted the folder with PGP Netshare cause we encoutered Bluescreen. If you have any idea please let me know. Thanks.

Alex_CST's picture

Have you tried to recreate the issue using 10.3?

Please mark posts as solutions if they solve your problem!

http://www.cstl.com

shieldwolf's picture

Hi Alex,

No, I haven't tried the 10.3. I will let you if this will work,

Thanks

jayson.kim's picture

Hi Alex,

I tried to check version 10.3.0. it's works correctly and i have not seen this problem again. i think that this problem is may be fixed from version 10.2.1 mp5.

have a nice day!

shieldwolf's picture

I re-installed the PGP Desktop 10.2.1 MP5 to our Computer but still encounter the same issue. I think the version 10.3 will fix the issue but I will let you know. thanks

Alex_CST's picture

We had this issue in our office, we have 5 identical - COMPLETELY identical machines all with the same software on, but it was bluescreening for just 1 of them.  Upgraded to 10.3 and no problems so far

Please mark posts as solutions if they solve your problem!

http://www.cstl.com

PGP_Ben's picture

I'm marking the suggestion to upgrade as the solution since this appears to have worked for shieldwolf and Alex_CST both. if this turns out to not be the solution, please update with a new comment and I will review.

Thank you

PGP_Ben

If/when you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.