Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

PGP Desktop 10.2.1 MP4 for Mountain Lion

Created: 25 Sep 2012 | 11 comments

Does anyone have a link for this to try on Mountain Lion before I buy it? I want to make sure this is working properly.
They only have an older version on their web site.
Thanks

Comments 11 CommentsJump to latest comment

PGP_Ben's picture

I'm working with the product team to determine what we need to do to get the OSX trialware installer on our site for SYmantec Encryption Desktop (formerly PGP Desktop) on the site.

If/when you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

Alex_CST's picture

Any update on this?  We have a few customers who are on 10.8 who want to make sure it works before purchasing

Please mark posts as solutions if they solve your problem!

http://www.cstl.com

PGP_Ben's picture

I am working with the prouct team to try and get the trialware version updated on the soon as soon as possible. It might be a few days until they get it updated though.

If/when you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

Mike_John's picture

Thank you. This is really important for all users.

pgpmacenterprise's picture

Well, 10.2.1MP3 just utterly bricked my MBPretina running 10.7.4.  I can't even boot off a USB stick anymore.

PGP_Ben's picture

@pgpmacenterprise - What do you mean that you can't boot off a USB stick? If you hold down the option key at startup before the mac startup sound. You don't see an option to boot the USB stick?  Did you have filevault encryption on any external devices?

pistonpilot's picture

Hello Symantec and all you PGP Mac users.  I am the hater of all Symantec, the curmudgeon, naysayer and all around bad mood user 

and

with good reason.  I had no trouble downloading 10.2.1 MP4 but where o where is the Emergency Decryption Image for this version?  Not here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

So where is it?

I know where the one is for the version I am using now:

PGPDesktop10.2.1MP3MacOSX_WDE_Recovery.iso.cdr (12.3 MBytes)

Come out come out and show yourself Symantec.  Your follow through is abysmal as usual.

PGP_Ben's picture

Hi pistonpilot. I apologize for the inconvenience. All you have to do is ask politely. There are several of us here that maintain the recovery image downloads in the KB section. I wish it was automatic that everytime a new build comes out it gets uploaded to her but it isn't. I will have it posted as soon as possible.

pistonpilot's picture

C'mon Ben, that is a silly excuse for you to make.  It's not my job to tell you, it's your job or someone's job to make sure all the pieces are in play.  How you transfer that to me or any other user is beyond belief.  

Here is another question that I have asked repeatedly:  Why is the recovery image not included in the software download through fileconnect?  Why do we have to hunt for it?  Such a big company Symantec is to be making such small company mistakes and goofs.

If the management at Symantec is so poor, I shall send in my resume.  My first action will be to fire you and all involved who have not come up with a plan to provide excellent service to the buyers of your service.  Isn't it a good thing you don't work for me?

PGP_Ben's picture

here you go, done:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/resources...