File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP Engine crashes under OS X 10.11.1

Posted Nov 12, 2015 03:27 PM

PGP Engine crashes with segmentation error: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000. Worked under OSX 10.10.5. I thought it was compatible with El Capitan. Re-install failed. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: PGP Engine crashes under OS X 10.11.1

Posted Nov 12, 2015 03:47 PM

El Capitan is not supported for either PGP or Symantec Endpoint Encryption at this time.

• 3.  RE: PGP Engine crashes under OS X 10.11.1

Posted Nov 12, 2015 05:47 PM

Thanks for your reply. How do I find out when support of PGP under OSX 10.11 is available? Will there be a notification or do I just check back from time to time?

• 4.  RE: PGP Engine crashes under OS X 10.11.1

Posted Nov 12, 2015 05:58 PM

You can subscribe to the following article, and will receive an email when it is updated:
    https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH174563.html

• 5.  RE: PGP Engine crashes under OS X 10.11.1

Posted Jan 23, 2016 08:19 AM

Hey guys, I need some guidance here. I paid for 3 years of PGP updates, money that left my account over a year ago and the entire premise is based on Symantec providing updgrades - El Capitan came out a while ago and the article mentioned only has it as a "request".

I had already accepted the fact that support for new versions of Mac OS would take a few months, but in the past (e.g. Yosemite) at least I had the certainty Symantec was working on it - that does not seem to be the case now.

Here is where the guidance is needed, are you going to refund my money? What is the rigth thing to do?

• 6.  RE: PGP Engine crashes under OS X 10.11.1

Posted Feb 04, 2016 10:58 AM

In OS X 10.11, Apple fundamentally changed the way that programs and applications are allowed to run in the operating system.  The allowable permission sets that are now in place have caused conflicts with our product, and for the type of permissions that are required, in particular for drive encryption, there may not be a solution for Symantec Encryption Desktop.  Engineering has been working on addressing the other components, and the release of Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2 mp12 should work for the non-drive-encryption components.  It should release this month.

Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.1.0 has FileVault management capability, and Engineering is looking at the possibility porting this functionality to Symantec Encryption Desktop, but there is no official timeline for that functionality.