Endpoint Encryption

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

PGP Netshare 9.10.x - Unable to add third person to existing Netshare directory

• 1.  PGP Netshare 9.10.x - Unable to add third person to existing Netshare directory

Posted Sep 13, 2011 12:47 PM

Hi,

We are using PGP Netshare 9.10.x (Clients running Windows XP SP3) and have existing Netshare usage across a directory structure. This is currently configured so that 2 users can access the encrypted data. We have an issue where we want to add a third person and it's not working correctly.

I've gone to the Netshare admin user for these directories and added the third persons public key in the Netshare setup. But the third person is still unable to access the directory from their PC. It keeps on saying that it's encrypted by the other two users.

I also de-crypted and re-crypted the whole lot - still no success.

What steps should we follow to get this sorted out? Are we just doing this wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

Schocca.

• 2.  RE: PGP Netshare 9.10.x - Unable to add third person to existing Netshare directory

Posted Sep 13, 2011 01:39 PM

If my memory is correct, when you add a new user, the NetShare protected folder needs to be re-encrypted for the new user to have access to the files currently in the folder. You should have the option to re-encrypt instead of decrypting and then doing another encryption.