Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

PGP & Outlook 2010

Created: 24 May 2011 • Updated: 18 Aug 2011 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Can anyone tell me when PGP will be useful in Outlook 2010?  I am told it isn't yet supported and am wondering why?

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Tom Mc's picture

Although it is not yet supported (I've see a post in the forum that suggested it may soon be), some people report using it successfully.  Others, such as a recent individual not being able to use the optional Outlook buttons, report having problems they have not been able to resolve.  I'm sorry to say that I don't know what has caused the delay.

When you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

Search the Knowledge Base &

NPGhate's picture

For me, the Outlook buttons have gone missing when I upgraded to Outlook 2010. specifying "[PGP]" on the subject does trigger the rule to encrypt the e-mails.

I would like to get help in getting the PGP buttons back as I have modified the rules to PGP encrypt ONLY the e-mails where I manually specify encryption using the button...

Tom Mc's picture

You should consider trying PGP version 10.2 which has added Outlook 2010 support.  The process is explained in this document.

When you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

SOLUTION
MWBerlin's picture

I have just installed PGP 10.2 (64bit) and tried if PGP is properly signing and/or encrypting messages from Outlook 2010 (32bit) in a Win 7 Home (64bit) environment.

Result: Encryption does not work. If I check the boxes "encryption" or "signing" before I send an Email with Outlook 2010 nothing is done.

Are there any kind of settings that I need to adjust ?

Tom Mc's picture

I just replied to your other post on this.