Created: 17 Jun 2011 | 6 comments
Just some product questions which I couldn't find decent answers to when searching the Symantec your website (both US & Australia). Cheers. Paul.
1. What is the difference between the two products: PGP Whole Disk Encryption and Symantec Endpoint Encryption? The website doesn't make it very clear - they both seem to perform WDE so what is the difference?
2. Which one is like the old PGP Desktop Professional product that was available pre-merger with Symantec?
3. There is no pricing information on the Australian Symantec website for: PGP Portable and Symantec Endpoint Encryption. Only PGP Whole Disk Encryption is priced. (I've checked both the US & Australian sites - both have no pricing for these two products).
4. Which products would best suit my needs given the following scenario (and how do I place an order):
- small home office with one desktop computer and one laptop (no network server)
- require WDE for the desktop computer and laptop and encryption of any external devices (USB sticks, external drives, CD/DVD).
Thanks for any help. Would be greatly appreciated.