Video Screencast Help
Scheduled Maintenance: Symantec Connect is scheduled to be down Saturday, April 19 from 10am to 2pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT: 5pm to 9pm) for server migration and upgrade.
Please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience this might cause.

PGP Universal Server 3.0.1 Build (4279) in Windows Server 2008 Native Mode Domain

Created: 31 Oct 2011 • Updated: 31 Oct 2011 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Currently my PGP Universal Server 3.0.1 Build (4279) in in a Windows Server 2003 Mixed Mode domain with all Winndows Server 2008 Domain Controllers. We are transitioning to Windows Server 2008 native mode and I was wondering if:

1) Anyone else has done this transition with the same version of PGP

2) If so, are there any gotcha's I should be prepared for

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Julian_M's picture

I don´t think you will have any issue since the Active Directory structure won´t change. (domain name, sub domain, server IP, users and OUs will remain the same right?)

Universal communicates with directory throught LDAP protocol, which is generic for all Active directory server versions.

You can take a look at Directory Syncronizations tab, in the Services tab in Universal Server console.

Please state if this answered your questions.

Regards

When you consider the issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the post that best provided the solution.

SOLUTION
tom gilsdorf's picture

Thanks for the post, Julian. Your answer was very helpful and reduced the worry level of my managers.