Video Screencast Help
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO. Learn more.

PGP Universal Server - How to update from Version 2.12.0 to latest version?

Created: 12 Aug 2011 | 8 comments

Hi All.

I am looking for some assistance in upgrading our PGP Universal Server (2.12.0 Build 1035) to the latest version.

Can anybody assist?

From memory the last time I upgraded I used the latest .pup file so I recently downloaded the latest PGP Universal Server Update.pup file. I backed up the Universal Server and proceeded with the update. I am getting the following error:

"The file you have uploaded PGPUniversal3.1.0_PGPDesktop10.1.1.pup" could not be processed. Please ensure that the file is not corrupt and try again.

I then downloaded the full PGP Universal update which when extracted included the .iso image.

Just wondering how should I proceed with the update and what benefits/updates can be expected by the upgrade?

Thanks to all :)

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

mwoj's picture

The latest Universal release is: 3.2.

You can not upgrade 2.12 via .pup file to 3.x. directly (as the architecture has changed).

The recomended procedure is : Backup , Install fresh version of 3.x., then restore from the 2.12. backup.

From the migration guide:

"You can upgrade to PGP Universal Server 3.2.0 from these versions:

PGP Universal Server 2.12 SP4
To upgrade to PGP Universal Server 3.2 from 2.12 SP4, you must back up your data, do a fresh install, and restore your backed up data. If you are running a version of PGP Universal Server older than 2.12 SP4, you must upgrade to version 2.12 SP4 and then upgrade to PGP Universal Server 3.2.0."

Full details can be found here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC4565

If you need to migrate a 2.12 cluster I highly recomend  this guides:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149849

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149935

jlopes333's picture

Where can I find SP4 for 2.12,  I have looked all over the fileconnect site and contactred Tech supoprt and still waiting for a call back. On the site all I can  see is PUP file SP2.

PGP_Ben's picture

We have to provide you access to the download via our PDC site. I would just request the support agent to provide you with 2.12 SP4 from PDC.

If/when you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

IsmaelAlf's picture

PGP_Ben -

I need 2.12 SP4 as well. I am going to 3.2 but need to apply 2.12 SP4. In a time crunch so any help here is greatly appreciated. Why is this not avaiable on FileConnect?

Ismael

CTgeek's picture

Tech support can't find this for us.  I do have access to pdc.pgp.com but don't see 2.12 sp4 there.  Can someone give me access to this.  We need it desperately.  Thanks!

CTgeek's picture

Since Symantec has taken over PGP they have made the files very hard to get.  I had to open a support ticket just to get the hidden file which then became available to me thru the pgp portal (pdc.pgp.com) or fileconnect.