File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP universal server upgrade from 2.14 to 3.0.2

Posted May 20, 2014 07:02 AM

Hello ,

I am in the process of upgrading the PGP cluster . currently the servers are running on physical machine and upgrade/migration will be performed using completely new virtual machines.

question is can we use completely new IP address on new virtual machine and restore from backup ?

My understanding is that it may cause issues as old data might have old IP somewhere in the configuration files.

Am I correct ? or is it OK to give new IP address during the upgrade/migration process ?

Rgdfs,

ANkit S.

• 2.  RE: PGP universal server upgrade from 2.14 to 3.0.2

Posted May 20, 2014 04:43 PM

The backup contains the hostname, IP address, default gateway and other networking information.  There is no provision to change they while loading the backup.  

You could potentially load the backup, connect to the web interface and then make the changes you desired.  (Be careful to load the backup on an isolated network so it does not interfere with the ORIGINAL server, if that server is still live!  The machine you are using to connect to the web interface with would also have to be able to route to the server you are loading the backup into, and not accidentally be routed to the original server.)

• 3.  RE: PGP universal server upgrade from 2.14 to 3.0.2

Posted May 22, 2014 06:26 AM

Hi there,

You may also want to check the official upgrade guide for some best practices to upgrade.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC3599

Best Regards,

Bipin