Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

PGP Universal service not available (proxied server greeted us with: 554-gmx.com (mrgmx002) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available

Created: 16 Oct 2013 • Updated: 17 Oct 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I am using PGP email proxy already quite long time (Mac OS 10.7.5, Thunderbird 24.0.1) without problems.

since yesterday sending emails via my GMX account fails (error message below), receiving emails works normally.

thunderbirds alerts following error message:

An error occurred sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect greeting:  ****-MacBook-Pro.local PGP Universal service not available (proxied server greeted us with: 554-gmx.com (mrgmx102) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available.

Q:

is this related to PGP or solely to the email provider?

what does this error message mean?

How can it be solved (if) ?

kind regards, thanks,

Stork

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Alex_CST's picture

554-gmx.com (mrgmx102) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available.

That is the PGP Server trying to contact the recipient mail server and not getting through.   Can you see if you can send them an email as a test outside of universal server i.e. through webmail or something ?

Please mark posts as solutions if they solve your problem!

http://www.cstl.com

Stork476's picture

The problem dissolved itself - there were problems solely at GMX mailserver, not with PGP  (could not even login to the GMX webmail).

Now everything is running smoothly as before - sorry for the inconvinience!

kind regards, Stork

SOLUTION