Video Screencast Help

PGP Viewer does not decrypt emails from Outlook 2010

Created: 21 Nov 2012 • Updated: 21 Nov 2012 | 2 comments

Hi,

i am using PGP Desktop 10.2.1 (currently in limited use mode) and Outlook 2010 with all recent patches (Windows 7 x64).

When using PGP viewer dragging and dropping of emails from an IMAP Outlook folder does not work. The following error message pops up: "PGP viewer failed to decode specified data. Error: Not a mail message".

When opening the PGP viewer inside the PGP desktop interface the error message looks a bit different: "PGP viewer was unable to open "dummy1.msg" Error: Not a mail message".

Saving .msg files to a folder and opening it in PGP viewer does produce the same error messages.

Installation of keys etc. is correct since decrypting PGP text in the clipboard works fine.

The scenario with PGP viewer worked perfectly for my old installation with PGP 10.1 and Outlook 2007.

Any ideas how to solve the issue? Any help is very much appreciated.

Thx,

Robert

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Brian_Ch's picture

This is a known issue with Outlook 2010-64bit and Current version of PGP Desktop. If you have an active support contract you can contact Technical Support and open a ticket to get updates on when the fix is released. It also helps us track number of customers being affected. The more customers affected the faster our engineering department is to resolve the issue.

BernardL's picture

There is an incompatibilty between PGP latest version and either or MS Outlook 2010 & Win764b  and MS Outlook 2007 & Vista32b , all latest upgrade.

It is my observation that PGP prevent my MS Outlook from processing X.509 certificate for signature and encryption.

Temporary 'solution': when communicating by certificate X.509 turn off PGP

Because of this problem, thinking it was caused by my computer, I was lead to buy an exra computer (!!!)

Good luck, Bernard

User of PGP Desktop Pro since 2007