File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP WDE for MAC (10.2.1 MP2) Virtual Disk Issue

Posted Sep 04, 2012 08:22 AM

I have just uploaded PGP WDE of Mac 10.2.1 MP2 (onto my MacBook Pro running OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)) in the hope of overcoming the problem where virtual disks fail to mount and have to be accessed through Disk Utility. My virtual disk does now mount but it mounts in place of the Destop folder with the Desktop entry in the left most column of the Finder window cycling rapidly between Desktop and the name of the virtual disk and the virtual disk contents replacing those of the Desktop on screen. However, ejecting the virtual disk does restore normality. Compared to the old problem this is definitely a step forward but I am surprised it was not picked up in testing before release.

I tried to report this issue to Symantec (by way of being helpful) but, because my licence is limited to online upgrade support, I could not find a way of doing so, despite talking to a technical support operator. Hopefully, this message will reach a developer somewhere!

By the way, does anybody know whether 10.2.1 MP2 (Build 4869) is compatible with Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8) or do we still need to wait before upgrading?

• 2.  RE: PGP WDE for MAC (10.2.1 MP2) Virtual Disk Issue

Posted Sep 04, 2012 08:41 AM

By the way, does anybody know whether 10.2.1 MP2 (Build 4869) is compatible with Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8) or do we still need to wait before upgrading?

The Release Notes include:

"This maintenance pack provides compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7."