File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGPpwflt missing from network provider PGP Desktop 10.2.0

Posted Feb 05, 2014 06:47 AM

Hello,

We have started getting users who's single sign on is not working with PGP Desktop 10.2.0. The entry for PGPpwflt is missing from the network provider. I have checked that PGP_INSTALL_SSO=1 and have read in a locked post that reinstalling fixes the problem. I do NOT want to decrypt the disks as part of the reinstall. The previous locked post mentions a Tech149282 which I can't find. Can someone help with the correct reinstall procedure without decrypting?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

• 2.  RE: PGPpwflt missing from network provider PGP Desktop 10.2.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2014 10:57 AM

Hi Dave,

The mentioned TECH149282 contained a little less details than HOWTO84112.

Encryption Desktop (formerly PGP Desktop) installation MSI switches to disable components at installation - HOWTO84112

Rgs,
    dcats

• 3.  RE: PGPpwflt missing from network provider PGP Desktop 10.2.0

Posted Feb 05, 2014 11:31 AM

Thanks,

So what would you recommend as a command line to reinstall and fix my problem. I have tried it with the

msiexec /i pgpdesktop.msi PGP_INSTALL_SSO=1

but as it thinks this is already installed it didn't do anything. Is there a procedure to follow without decrypt?

Cheers,

Dave

• 4.  RE: PGPpwflt missing from network provider PGP Desktop 10.2.0

Posted Feb 05, 2014 11:56 AM

With the /i command you are asking it to install, not to do a repair or reinstall.

Check this document: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc759262(v=ws.10).aspx#BKMK_Repair

that switch will ask it to do a repair and coupled with the other switches you should be good to go.  Just be aware that I have not personally tried this.  The recommended approach is to decrypt then uninstall and install normally, but if you have a test client it cannot hurt to try.